Sunday, August 2, 2009

he's just not that into you



[Gigi hears a knock at the door.]
Gigi: Did you forget something? (She thinks it's Bill.) [She opens the door to find Alex.]
Alex: Yeah.
Gigi: Really? What did you forget?
Alex: [He takes out a pen from his pocket.] This.
Gigi: So, you came all the way here at eleven o'clock at night to bring me back a promotional pen?
Alex: Yeah. Yeah, I did. I thought I would come up with some really great excuse to get over here. That's how it's done, right?
Gigi: Sometimes.
Alex: Look, I can't stop thinking about you. I drive by your place, I call and hang up. I'm turning into...
Gigi: Me.
Alex: Yeah.
Gigi: A wise person once told me that if a guy wants to be with a girl, he will make it happen, no matter what.
Alex: That's true.
Gigi: But when I was hauling my body onto yours, you did not seem to want to make it happen.
Alex: Here's the thing about that, you were right. I've gotten so used to keeping myself at a safe distance from all these women, and all this time, I didn't know what it felt like when I actually fell for one of them. I didn't know.
Gigi: Look, I just went out with your friend Bill. He might be just exactly what I need. No drama, he calls; he does what he says.
Alex: I can do that stuff too.
Gigi: But you didn't, and that same wise person told me that I'm the rule. That I have to stop thinking that every guy will change, that I have to stop thinking that...
[He kisses her.]
Gigi: I'm the exception.
Alex: (He whispers.) You're my exception.
[They kiss again.]

No comments:

Post a Comment