Monday, April 12, 2010

The Lies!


"Damn, why does it has to happen with me?” he thought. "If this was to happen, why did I meet her in first place? I will stop watching Shahrukh movies straightaway"

"Hey what happened? Lost is some thought?” she asked smilingly.

"Naah, just thinking about couple of meetings tomorrow, crucial ones", he lied.

"So, Aman! Tell me, you must have had many girl friends. Huh?” she probed.

"Yeah kind of! Have had some serious affairs and few casual ones", he lied again. "Cool! So do you have a girl friend now?” her eyes sparkled.

"Yes, she is in Delhi, Pallavi is her name!", again a lie.

"Cool, so how did you guys meet? On Delhi metro? Hehe...I am kidding. You tell me. I am all ears"

"Ummmm... I met her in September last year. I knew her beforehand through a common friend. She had a bad break-off about three months back. And we became good friends. We used to flirt a lot. We became excellent friends. Then when I started dating this another girl, from Pune, she proposed to me. And we kicked off. December 14th was the date. So roughly seven months now". He was applauding himself for coming up with a credible story so quickly and saying it unperturbed. Somehow he didn't want to let her know he had been a loser since ever. "That's it! What about yours?"




"Cool! Mine is rather a simple one. I went to this friend's birthday party at Kasbah Restaurant in GK1 and there I met with Prakhar, who had landed up as an accompany to his friend. We liked each other and started dating. He is working with Google, Hyderabad. That's it"

"So you guys serious for taking this up next level", seeing a inquisitive smile he continued "I mean wedding and all dear", and they both chuckled.

"Ummm he is a very good guy and I am beginning to think in that direction. Moreover I am not among those girls, who keep on waiting for Mr. Right until their dreams are shattered and then they settle for a compromise.", she said very objectively.

"Damn me! All hopes gone.” he thought and then said "Excellent line of thought."

"Hey he's coming over next month. If you are still here, let's all of us meet then and probably I can have a second opinion about him. You seem very experienced in these matters. You will help me, right? she fluttered her eyebrows and the smile got its maximum possible span.

"Yes! Why not", he said and thought "What an irony"

"Hey don't know how but you have become a great friend in just two meets", she exclaimed

"Three"

"Oops! Correct, I forgot to count our first", and she giggled again.

His phone rang. He picked up.

The voice on the other side said, "Vodafone would like to greet its esteemed customer"

"Yes honey! How are you doing?"

"There have been some value added services which can be activated on your number for discounted price."

"Really, how? Cool, I don't want to miss that love. Book that one for me."

"For more information call our customer care service"

"Yes honey! Okay I will call back at night then."

"Thank you for using Vodafone"

"Bbye Sweetie! Take care” and he hung up. They exchanged formal smiles.

"Okay Aman! Thanks for a wonderful time and coffee", will call you sometime.

"Sure", they left the table after paying the bill.

"Bbye, see you later", she said as they shook hands. "Of course, bbye and take care"

They moved in opposite directions.



Part 9

Part 1

No comments:

Post a Comment